1.31.2012

OMG, shoes

There is one unending discussion among CrossFitters...
...well, there are a few, but what I am talking about at the moment are SHOES!
We love our shoes.  We look high and low for the perfect pair of shoes that will perform well for the highest box jump or the need for 'heels down' in a good overhead squat.

Brand loyalty is fleeting because companies are always coming up with new shoes to lure us CrossFitters out of our current brand and into theirs'.  For tough mofos, we are kind of weak in that department!
 
Personally, I wish I could go barefoot all the time.  That's not reasonable in the winters in Maine or on the streets for running (although I have been known to run the 400m warm up barefoot).  It's also a little difficult to be shoeless for box jumps, double unders, and rowing.  Consequently, I had to really search for the perfect shoe for my 'duck feet'.  I have a pair that are wide enough to accommodate my quackers, no rise on the sole to simulate being barefoot, and because of both those features, they are as close to the feeling of being barefoot as I have found.  Thank you, NB Minimus, with the Vibram sole...or is that soul. ;)  That said, I doubt I am forever done poking around the pages of "shoes for the CrossFitter" because it's just kind of what we all do.  We all like to think we are finding that edge that will help us go faster, jump higher, be steadier on a lift. 

I hate to admit that the shoes really can do that.  I am well aware that if we think they give us an edge, then of course they do!  So, if I have to partake in the shoe world for CrossFit, then let me say to CrossFit:
I want to put on my my my my my
Boogie shoes, just to boogie with you....
http://youtu.be/862MFJarXEw

No comments:

Post a Comment