1.17.2012

a light week

I was going to head to the box this morning to do a WOD I really like, Fight Gone Bad.  http://youtu.be/DC19O4cgvp4
Problem is, I have a competition on Saturday and being a little tight in the hammies, I decided that FGB might not be such a great idea as it's pretty heavy on the legs...well, all over, but the legs part got me to back off.  The WODs for the comp this weekend are pretty heavy on the legs too.

This comp is exciting for me because unlike others I have done, it is a Masters comp.  I'll be meeting and WODding with my peers.  Now, I LOVE going up against all the youngun's, but it'll be a good change to possibly have my ass handed to me by a woman who might be older than me instead of younger than me.  Follow?? ;)

I ended up doing lots of mobility and foam rolling on my hamstrings today, and got some power clean and deadlift practice in today in anticipation of this weekend.  That will pretty much be the rest of the week for me...movement, but scaled toward the lighter side.

I will admit that as much as I'm really looking forward to this weekend's competition, I'm equally looking forward to getting back to a more regular schedule, one in which I can just go to my box and do the regular programming designed by a trusted coach.  Holding off on a WOD that's of interest to me, be it a CrossFit 'regular' or one the coach has designed is hard to do.  Plus, getting back to the regular program translates to waaay less thinking needed on my part!  I welcome that. :)

2 comments: