1.14.2012

not as planned...

I headed to CrossFit 321 today with a plan. 
I walked through their doors with a plan.
I began to execute my plan.
That lasted about 10 mins...through my warm up. :)
Then my plan got sidetracked by some catching up with a couple people I hadn't seen in a while...instead of over coffee it was over more mobility. Oh, how CrossFit of us! ;)
That turned into chatter about skills needing work.
That became my whole plan instead of just part of the plan. 
CrossFit...always unpredictable! 
It is really fun to focus on the skills that I don't have the equipment for at home. 
That meant using the proper pullup (plu) bars at the gym:
**regular grip plu work//mixed grip plu work//toes to bar (T2B) work
That meant utilizing the big wall for handstand pushups (hspu):
**5 legit hspus using two abmats underhead//trying a couple with just one abmat :)//doing a couple of kipping hspus with two abmats underhead
(I'm trying to figure out where in my house I can practice hspus...they are such a rewarding challenge now that I don't mind being upside down!)
That meant a (short) treadmill run 'cuz I promised myself I would start running more regularly, but for me, that will always mean inside when it's too cold and/or icy!  I guess that makes me a fair-weather runner in every sense of the word!! :)
I still ended my hour with a row, but because of time, the 2K was reduced to a 500m all-out.  (1:51...not a pr, but not bad)
All in all, a very productive day that I would never discount, even though it was not what I had planned.
                                                                                                                                                           

2 comments:

  1. You are going to have those HSPUs before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take some credit, Erica, because I was reintroduced to hspu bravery by watching you!!

    ReplyDelete