1.09.2012

interventions

AHHHH~~I need a cashew intervention! I try to lay off them, or at least limit them to a handful a day but just my luck, I have huge hands. I've even learned how to cheat on my jar of cashews by eating cashew butter.  The jar is none the wiser...phew!

I need a coffee intervention. 
In the colder weather, it's tough to lay off the stuff.  I love the richness of coffee that tea can't match.  Some nights I go to bed excited about the coffee I will have in the morning....especially on Saturday nights when I know I'll be able to relax with coffee and the Sunday crossword puzzle!


Which leads me to the need for an intervention for all the word games I play!  I'm a sucker for anything that resembles Scrabble or Boggle.  Aside from the paper's daily crossword puzzle, a necessary fix comes from Lumosity (http://www.lumosity.com/brain-games)
My game of choice is called Word Bubbles...just writing that makes me want to play!  Then there's Words With Friends (iphone app).  HOOKED!!  One of my sons-in-law just got me into Hangin' With Friends (another app).  And of course, nothing beats a good ol' hands on game of Scrabble.  That requires a good chunk of time and, depending on with whom I'm playing and the time of day, booze.   I'm not saying one must drink but, on occasion, drunk scrabble is just plain fun. :)


My understanding is that interventions are undertaken with a group of one's family and friends.  That sounds like a situation I'd welcome.  I've got a jar of cashews to share, a pot of coffee ready to brew, and the Scrabble board on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment