1.26.2012

miss close


winter golf :)
 Today I took my dog and my 7 iron to the golf course.  I kind of love playing around with my 7 iron in the midst of an unlikely playing surface.  I got to use my florescent pink ball and had grass patches to chip toward, with a few ice hazards to overcome.  Pretty awesome to be messing around on the course in late January!

This is the course on which I learned to play golf.
In August of '09 I learned under the guidance of a wonderful golf pro, Chad.  He was patient and funny, utilized some great teaching tools, and loved golf.
I didn't tell my husband just in case I didn't like golf.  But I did...big time.  Chad's enthusiasm helped, I'm sure.  My husband was surprised and thrilled!  No, really, he was! :)

One concept Chad always repeated was that when getting near the green, of course you want to aim for the cup, but it's fine if you *miss close*.  You see, if you miss close then your chances of overall success on the greens were really good.  Your opportunity for putting into the cup when you are close is, of course, much better because you have less ground to cover to get there.

I loved this concept...still do.  For me, it is the same concept as not stressing over every detail en route to an end.  Being unhappy with anything but perfection is a road block to everything.  Oh sure, sometimes you score that hole in one.  But more often than not, if you miss close, it's going to be close enough.  Try.  Try hard to hit that cup, but be happy with the ability to miss close and still succeed.



winter golf, and oh that pink!!

ice hazard



No comments:

Post a Comment