12.31.2011

onward

Like almost everyone on this last day of 2011, I am reviewing a little and looking forward a lot.  Most of 2011 was pretty freakin' good.  For that, I am thankful.

What I see as my biggest 'fail' in 2011 was there was too much waiting for other peoples' choices to determine my decisions on some things.  I could always justify why I was putting a decision on hold:
I owed it to so-and-so to hold off.
I think so-and-so might really mean it this time.
I want to wait until.....
yada, yada, yada
All it really means when we wait for someone or something outside ourselves to "align" is that we are nervous and afraid to take the next step that we KNOW would be good for us.   Doesn't matter if the decision is little or big, it can feel equally scary.

2012 is a year of moving onward, of knowing that an 'alignment' of my heart and head is the only factor I need to consider when making a decision.  I might still be nervous or afraid to make a needed choice, but I also know that all decisions can be amended and redirected to keep the heart/head alignment in check.  This is not a new concept. Apparently I just need to remind myself anew of this.....and often!

Cheers to remembering to get past the fear and move onward in 2012!
WaHOOOOOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment