12.30.2011

Oh, what a dream!

In CrossFit, a good air squat is greatly admired.  It translates into a success in so many other movements: many barbell movements, wallballs, dumbbell thrusters, etc.  We practice this seemingly straightforward movement a lot....A LOT!   And even if our own squat is not at its best, we readily slip into the role of Squat Police. :)

My squat is a work of art in progress, but at least it is continuing to progress. I'm trying to keep one step ahead of the Squat Police.  I get a lot of *warnings*!

Then last night I had a squat dream. (I admit that I love CrossFit dreams...all three I've had. :-) )  I was squatting with feet only about 6" apart, hips below knees, heels down!! SWEET!  Best thing about it, I was me now, not me as a two year old~~~you see, we are being told to "squat like a toddler" all the time.

Oh, what a dream it was.  I could feel the comfort in the squat, hanging out at bottom.  Too bad I had to wake up.  Back to the practice.  I'm hoping that dream is a precursor to better squats.  I'd love to feel less like a felon on the run at the CrossFit gym!


No comments:

Post a Comment