12.20.2011

my dog is a genius...

...well, perhaps I'm stretching the truth a bit, but he did make me *think* this morning before I even had my coffee!

You see, my dog, Decker, wanted me to wake up this morning so first he licked my hand, then he nuzzled his nose under my hand so he could look at me with those flirty eyes of his. I realized that this is how CrossFit works its magic.

While I didn’t walk into the gym completely out of shape 1 1/2 years ago, I can say in hindsight that my body was asleep….my “metcon me” kept hitting the snooze button. The foundations classes hinted at the possibilities lurking, waiting for me to wake up.   The years of keeping somewhat active kept me from being comatose so I was able to see those possibilities.   CrossFit turned on its charms and flirted with me long enough for me to see results. I guess I was flattered that it cared...or I was just easily flattered. :)  Either way, I fell in love!
I see little difference in the reactions to CrossFit in the varied ages of people who try it.  The only difference I've seen is that some are more easily swayed by its flirtatious nudging than others.  Some don't fall for it at all.  Not their type so they move on and that's okay. 
Decker's nudging is much gentler than CrossFit's, but the results are the same.  Both have the ability to wake me up and feel happiness every day.  I just don't have to *walk* CrossFit!

No comments:

Post a Comment