12.26.2011

holiday percentages

What a wonderful Christmas gathering!
The last of my visiting children left a couple of hours ago, as did the dogs that came with them.  My dog, Decker, displayed a love/annoyed percentage of about 30/70 toward his 'cousins', Sophie and Windsor.  The playful moments, however, were completely joyous!
There is another doggie cousin, Bruin, and a kitty cousin, Ted, both of whom would have loved to be here.  Another time!

Including Laurence and me, there were eight of our ten family members here, or 80%.  We missed the other 20%, but they were celebrating Christmas with their other family in England and I know they had a great time.  That makes me happy.

What proved to be extremely bad timing, I came down
with a cold on Friday, the day the kids arrived.  As I
write this, the cold is beginning to break.  Unfortunately,
that translates into being sick 100% of the time everyone
was here.  Wouldn't I just be the best mama EVER if I
sent them all home with a cold!! :)

In large part because of the cold and less because of the
Christmas frivolities, I have not had a proper CrossFit
workout since last Thurs., 12/22.  Today is Mon., 12/26.
Four days doesn't sound that long, but it sure feels long!
I am all for taking a chunk of time off now and then
because I know, for me, my body reacts well to those breaks. However, prior to these last four days, the breaks have always been of my choosing so I am 99% sure this break feels longer because it was forced upon me.  Even so, I will likely take another day or two off from anything more strenuous than a CrossFit Driveway (my home gym's name) modified WOD so that when I do get back to the gym I can give it my full effort.

As for the holiday grazing that went on for the four glorious days when everyone was here, I would say that my usual 90/10 No Bread (no grain) lifestyle took a right turn at the corner of Biscotti and MacNCheese! After that, my body felt so different that I lost track of all the small side roads I ventured down.  I'm guessing that my usual lifestyle ended up clocking in at about 65/35 over the course of four days.  CrossFit repercussions may be that I need the next one or two days to allow my body to rebalance itself from both the cold and the nutritional standpoint so either way, I'm taking them!  Honestly, I believe that being nutritionally off balance feels the same as being sick, so the fact that both converged on me at the same time has made me feel doubly sluggish.

The good thing is that I know I will rebalance quickly.  My cold
is definitely on its way out and within one day of returning to
my No Bread lifestyle, my body will be back on its favored
path.  Thankfully, I am not afraid to allow for that 10% in my
nutritional balance, so if I can resist the desire to devour this 
Christmas gift in one day, I'll maintain my afore mentioned
favored path without any trouble.

After this wonderful Christmas with lots of laughs and love,
I am looking forward to this last week of 2011.  I'll be
spending the week setting up some changes in my life
that will be beneficial to me even beyond 2012.  Of this,
I am 100% sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment