3.04.2012

free parking all day

Sundays are mostly free days for me.  It's refreshing and incredibly important to have a free day at least one day a week on a regular basis. I know lots of people can't or don't have one but, for all of them, I always hope that is a temporary predicament.  There's an internal reset that occurs when the world is not calling.  Every day does not have to be maximized.  Ugh, exhausting!
I am without the hubster for a few days as he is visiting our Chattanooga kids (our daughter and 'shack-in-law' as we lovingly call him).  That makes today an even quieter free day.  Oh, wait, no, Laurence is not loud or even 'demanding' of my time, it's just that, except for the dog, the energy in the house is very still.  Oh, wait, no, Laurence is not a frenzied energy....oh crap, the hole I'm digging is getting way too deep.....suffice to say, it's quieter because I don't talk outloud to myself and if I do have on any background music, it's quiet classical.  All that said, I am free to park my butt on the couch all day if I choose to, without feeling as though I should be doing something noticeably constructive!  I'm even slower to get started on the crossword puzzle because no one is waiting for that section! 

So, will I actually sit on the couch all day?  No, of course not.  My butt would hurt, and not from anything 'noticeably constructive'.  But today is a day for my mind to be free.  I'll putter around the house, not worry about gaming a WOD for the Open, clean (the house, not a barbell...I know, shocker), get the dog out for a long walk, pick away at a couple ongoing projects (my kids know I am slower than molasses on some projects ;)), and otherwise just not have a time-limit on the day's meter.

The only thing that would make this day freer is if I didn't have the one compulsion on Sundays during the Games Open: to check the Leaderboard a zillion times! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment