3.06.2012

the feed bag

I ate a most scrumptious lunch today. Of course, that has to mean there was bacon in the vicinity of my plate! 

Like any day I workout, I have a protein/coconut water shake on the way home from the box. It tastes great and then I'm not rushing home to cram something in my mouth just to quell my hunger. (I usually workout in the morning so I only have a little bit of protein~~a slice of meat when I am making Laurence's lunch or maybe a hard boiled egg white...no yolks for me BEFORE I workout... :)...just so I'm not running on empty.) *Lunch* is usually the first meal of my day and it's also usually big.  Anyway, just wanted to share today's:


You can never go wrong with a good piece of romaine lettuce to use as your 'wrap'.  I was lusting after a BLT, so I decided to go a step further and ended up with this.  The lettuce wraps are filled with egg salad as well as tomatoes and bacon.  Yum.  Of course, everything is always better with bacon! 
Another variation on the lettuce wraps for Laurence when I know he could use a 'comfort meal' is with the Applewood bologna and cheese, some veggie chips, and a paleo brownie. That is a comfort lunch!

Not really much else to say. Don't ever forget that eliminating grains from your feed bag does not have to spell b o r e d o m. 

**It would be mean to mention brownies without leaving you with the recipe. :)
I got this recipe from "The Civilized Caveman" and altered it a little.

Chocolate Bites

2 C almond butter (smooth or crunchy)
2 eggs
3/4 C honey
1 Tbsp vanilla
1/4 C cocoa powder
1/2 heaping tsp salt (kosher salt adds the best taste)
1/8 C coconut milk (cream can be substitued here)
options: add mini choc-chips/chopped nuts/coconut flakes/etc

Mix in order given.
Put in greased muffin tins. (12+ reg or 24+ mini)
Bake at 325 for 12-15 mins.



No comments:

Post a Comment