2.15.2012

it's a no-brainer

Just a quickie here. 

I found myself mulling over some extra work I want to do on my goats for the long run...just because the Open starts next week doesn't mean that's the end of my training! 
Nor do I want to get stuck in the mentality that everything I do for myself in CrossFit is just for a competition, even if it is the BIG one!
No, I look at this as a long term adventure and I don't ever want to lose that feeling.

So, as I said, I was mulling over some extra work and was reminded of something I heard someone say at the beginning of a class many months ago.  She was standing looking at the day's WOD on the white board and said with a bit of disgust only a reformed "Globo Gymer" could have, "Why would anyone want to workout at a Globo Gym when coming into a CrossFit box you have your workout all planned for you every time?  It's a no brainer!"  She was right.  It's hard coming up with programming for yourself, and I can imagine that without ever having the camaraderie of a group workout and a good coach helping you with your skills, it's even harder.  I'm sure there are some who can do that successfully, but I, like her, enjoy being told what the workout is going to be.  That way I know that I'll even have to face my goats on a regular basis, which I might otherwise just pat on the head and move along! 

I have been CrossFitting long enough now that I can add/subtract areas when I need to, or feel okay about getting good workouts done at CrossFit Driveway when I can't make it to the box, but CrossFit is worth everything I put into it...time, money, effort, joy.  I get coached so I feel safe and I don't have to think about the torture joyous WOD I am going to face each time I walk through the box doors.  It really is a no brainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment