2.22.2012

CrossFit Earth

The 2012 season of CrossFit carnage has arrived.  It'll expose itself tonight for us East Coasters, and until it does, we all have dreams of glory. :)

I love that the world comes together (at least the 50000ish registered CrossFitters worldwide) for the next five weeks, pitting times and reps against each other in the weekly WODs programmed for the box, CrossFit Earth.  Even CFers who aren't competing are a part of this global sweatfest:
Functional Fitness Phenoms Fearlessly Facing off!

As is everyone who registered, I will give it my all as that's all I can give.  The reality is being prepared doesn't necessarily mean having all my movements perfected (refer back to "dreams of glory"!), rather, for me it means being mentally prepared for all the WODs, especially the ones that come up containing movements of which I am still lacking proficiency.  I'm even ready for those.  What's helpful is that I have the benefit of last year's experience.  I know that while I failed miserably on a couple WODs, I did well enough on others that my overall showing was respectable.  It's all about cumulative efforts...always...in everything we do!

For every CFer out there who may be heading to their computers tonight to ceremoniously check/recheck/triple check WOD1 of the Open designed for CrossFit Earth, good luck, breathe deeply, and make yourself proud of yourself!

                          *****3-2-1 GOOOOO*****

                  {{ http://games.crossfit.com/ }}

No comments:

Post a Comment