1.03.2013

be a friend

2013.
Who can possibly come up with the best, most memorable advice/observation/profundity for this new year?  You know EVERYone is trying.  Yes, even me.  Not all of my damn, someone beat me to it winning entries have made it to the keyboard.  Some are still stuck in *thought bubbles* over my own head.

What I realized this morning as I was reading a lot of insights about goals for 2013 is that the most important goal we can set out for ourselves...in my omnipotent opinion of course :)...is that we be great friends all year. 

Easy to be a good friend, right? 
Listen. 
Be kind.
Show respect.
Spend quality one on one time.
Embrace imperfections as individual beauty.

The hard part is executing those actions toward oneself, which is exactly where I challenge everyone to direct those actions.
Be a friend to yourself.
Succeed at that and every other goal will find its home. 

Perhaps the most meaningful quote I've ever read addressing that concept is:

"If we treated our friends the way we treat ourselves, we wouldn't have very many friends."

2013.
Be your own best friend.
Appreciate and enjoy.
Take care of yourself physically and emotionally.
Create a vortex of positive energy around yourself.
Let go of the notion that you need to please everyone.
Breathe and lighten up.
Be kind.
In turn, all of this will ripple out to those around you...best side effect ever!!

Have a great year (re)discovering yourself.








No comments:

Post a Comment