1.24.2013

thought bubbles

The CrossFit Games Open, 2013, is right around the corner. In fact, registration opens next week.  I am hoping to qualify again as I would love to take another trip out to CA.

That said, it makes me nervous as hell. It's actually harder this year than last year. In 2011 I missed the cut by one spot. Having made it in 2012, then doing well at the Games, I feel more pressure. I'm reminding myself to keep those thoughts at a distance...stop them all together if that's possible.  Biggest take from last year is that all I can do is the best I've got on any given day, and that I had a blast from the start of the Open to the end of the Games.  That is what I need to focus on.

So much of what we do on any given day is easier or harder because of our own mental attitude toward it.  Pretty sure this is not a new concept!  Still, we have an uncanny ability to get in our own way, blocked by those "thought bubbles" that swirl around us.  They are just airy bubbles. Blow them away! And DO NOT let anyone else's thought bubbles invade your territory.  Blow those away even faster!!

Conceptually, this sounds easy.  Reality?  Some days we'd be hyperventillating trying to blow them all away.  Those are the days to reposition oneself...head up, chest up, deep breath, and just know...know that you will have the best day you can have for that day. Not every day is going to be the same. Not every day will be perfect. Not everyday will be the worst.  It's just a day...another day to experience.

Yeah, not so easy, but like everything we do, this needs practice.  My focus is on practicing this as the Open gets closer.  It's always fun, but in a twisted sort of way.  I want to try to keep the twists out of it this year.

Course, that said, it doesn't help when I go to my coach's blog and he has that damn CrossFit Games Open countdown pic on the side of his entries.  I can't blow hard enough to get that off my computer screen!




2 comments:

  1. Good luck Annie! You have your Beacon family and so many others in your corner, cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete