4.10.2012

new beginnings

CrossFit Beacon opened yesterday...great space, some fun and different equipment than what you would normally see in many boxes, and just totally exciting!  I am beginning to *punch a time clock* again, after many years of retirement.  I'm coaching, thanks to the owners of Beacon who asked me to come on board.  It's a real joy and I really appreciate that CrossFit has opened up so many opportunities for me. 

When I envisioned my life after all the girls left the house, I never ever imagined this life.  I admit that I did imagine some sort of teaching again.  I still miss the special needs population with whom I used to work.  In the future, via my CrossFitting.....hmmm.

CF has obviously opened up my world in ways I didn't foresee.  I think the biggest thing this has all done is it's reminded me that it's important to try new things in life.  No doubt change is scary, stepping out to try something new is scary, but staying stagnant is even scarier.  You never know what will resonate within your soul.  Then before you know it, your soul has been touched, altered, and experienced a surge of growth.  Surprises are terrific, especially when they come out of no where...wait, I guess that is the definition of a surprise, but you get the picture!  Yeah, pretty special.

A toast to trying a new challenge, letting yourself feel vulnerable, and being open to a new beginning.






No comments:

Post a Comment