2.27.2014

use the Sunday mug

My father, with whom I had many discussions about financials regarding both real and imaginary dollars, gave me a mug years ago. 

Need I really give any reason why I love this mug?
I mean, come on!
My father and I shared both constructive conversations and laughs...usually the bawdier the better. 

I find myself being so protective of this mug. The 'spinner' with YES/NO/? is on a little metal pin.  Dishwasher? I think not! I'd get a little twisted when I'd see it there. How many times have I quietly removed it to hand wash it...passive/aggressive doesn't work. No one really ever 'hears' you!


I also have a newer mug that I bought for myself a couple years ago.
I call this my Sunday mug.  It has great colors, a good size and the lip of it, as you can see, splays out in a perfect way to cradle my lips as I sip my Sunday coffee.  As for Sunday? It's a one of my favorite mornings. 
The Sunday paper is delivered.
I usually don't have any plans for the day outside the house.
I'm up early enough to enjoy some time alone.
My Sunday mug (clearly connected to my emotional attachment to my relaxed Sunday mornings) is awaiting the first pour from the carafe while I await my first few sips. (I start thinking about it Sat night before I go to bed....sad, I know!)
The paper is mine until Laurence gets up. muahahahaha
After we've both been up for a while I make a big breakfast and as Laurence continues to read through the paper, I work on one of the crossword puzzles over breakfast while sipping on more coffee out of my perfectly 'lipped' mug. 
It's part of the Sunday package.

Until recently.
Now I'm using the Sunday mug on Tuesday and not getting so tweaked when I find my Wall Street mug in the dishwasher.
I mean, WTF?
THINGS...just things. 
My conversations...and jokes...with my father are with me all the time, whenever I want to reference one.
My Sunday mornings are not the only mornings that deserve a relaxed sigh with a special mug.
If anything gets broken and I no longer have it, my memories and my Sunday mornings will still be intact.  Shocking, I know.
So I'm going to keep playing with the 'spinner' on my Wall Street mug while it continues to work and I'm going to use the Sunday mug any day I damn well please.
Just know that if you want any financial advise, you'd better ask before the 'spinner' breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment