11.16.2013

bruises

We all bruise. 
Physically.
Emotionally.

Learn to read your bruises.
They're honest reminders to moments in life.
Well, most of them are. Some are a little trickier to read.  The emotional bruises of the heart fall into that category.  These, however, often manifest themselves with physical visuals: tear stained cheeks; red puffy eyes; forlorn looks.

If you find yourself getting bruised in exactly the same way over and over again, then STOP doing/acting/searching in the same manner!
Change up your outlook/your behavior/your attitude/your assumptions that the world around you owes you anything.  Your own willingness to work at all parts of your life will garner results that meet your efforts.  The bruising may still come, but hopefully in new ways and places. That indicates you've changed something.  That's good.

Learn to read your bruises.
In CrossFit, we bruise. It's a great way to see your technique, your successes, your failures. (Did you really think these mutterings would not turn to CrossFit? :) ) Bruises quietly coach you as you stare at them in the mirror to assess their meaning.
Bruises on my clavicles tell me the catch of my clean is solid.  Any lower and I wasn't getting under the bar low enough. 
Bruises just over my knees tell me I'm not opening up fully before getting under the bar. Wrong place to bruise...too low.
Reading these helps me to change, to work on my technique, so I'll have better results.  Being a visual person, I call up the visual of the bruises to help me as I work on my lifts.

Learn to read your bruises.
They're honest visual reminders to moments in life.
Be willing to change your outlook/your behavior/your attitude/your assumptions that the world around you owes you anything without you putting in some effort.

The bruise on my hip?
Damn table jumped right out in front of me!  
No? Okay, read: I need to stop hurrying out the door. 
damn.

1 comment: