3.16.2013

you know it's Spring when....

As a CrossFitter in the Maine, you know Spring is on its way when outdoor running starts showing up in the WODs.  There still needs to be weather contingencies for those odd days in late March ->on when it's hailing or snowing, but that's our reality.  What's great is that warm ups can include more running outside and slowing are the days when 'run 8 lengths of the gym' are in the WOD.

All of this is said with some excitement, and therefore inner amazement, for I dislike running.  Of course, I dislike it because it's one of those movements that makes me feel out of shape, no matter what kind of shape I'm in!  When I run, I feel like running through molasses. My feet want to go, my head and heart tell me to go, but connecting the dots is a game I'm still practicing!!  Nonetheless, there's a certain satisfaction after completing a WOD that has had multiple running components/rounds in it.  Part of it may just be that we can be outside for parts of our workouts. Part of it may be because we have such a limited time outside in Maine...well, unless you're an AVID runner who really couldn't care less what the weather is, you bundle up and get out there to pack on your daily mileage.  Or perhaps part of it is also that, by Spring, we like to add some new movement into our weekly WODs...constantly varied and all!

All I know is that I am a CrossFitter in Maine, it's mid March, and we have begun to have 400m warm up runs.  I'd say Spring is just around the corner.  The break from running has been good, but now it's time to swing open a door or two!!



When I begin believing this -->>
then I won't have to wait for
Spring!!



No comments:

Post a Comment