8.08.2012

baggage

Geez, I haven't posted for a long time and now I'm restarting my blog with a reference to a tv show.  That's kind of a fail, but bear with me. :)

Said show is "How I Met Your Mother". The episode I'm referencing was about baggage that people carry around with them from their pasts.  Then some interesting timing occurred; the next day I had a conversation with a fellow Beacon-er regarding the hesitation some people feel when they even THINK about signing up for CrossFit. 

"I used to be an athlete."
"I used to be in shape."
"I used to weigh less."
"I used to...."
"I used to...."
"I used to...."

Just like the show's theme, all of those sentences are just pieces of baggage that we hold onto even though we needn't.  That was at another time in your life. It was another you really.  And most importantly, you aren't *back there*, you are where you are right now.
You are starting from today, who you are now, and moving forward. 

Beginning any steps toward being healthier and more confident in yourself is the time to let go of the baggage.  And whether those steps are through CrossFit Beacon or a yoga studio or swimming or whatever, just CHOOSE SOMETHING and put down that baggage.
It's pretty amazing how much better just doing that will start to make you feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment