5.10.2012

pendulums

Everything action/event/happening has a certain cycle to it.  This is nothing new.
I've always likened the cycles to a pendulum swinging until it finds its natural balance.  Things always do.  A *breeze* may restart the sway, but once the balance has been established, it usually takes a shorter time to get back to balance on those subsequent sways.  One hopes, simply put, this is learned from previous experiences. 

I'll admit that I used to always visualize that pendulum swing like this:

Thankfully (no more nightmares ;-}) I have noticed over the last couple of years that I visualize that pendulum swing in a much softer and gentler way...like this:

I fully understand that I don't have to doubt that the pendulum will calm the eff down in due time.  I used to want to force it toward its balance.  Now I still don't hesitate to encourage it along, but I know forcing it will not get it there any faster than encouraging it.

So in this moment as I have the image of the pendulum swinging at my new job, with my training schedule, happenings with my kids/friends....you know, life.... I don't get as tweaked as much as I used to.  I enjoy the fact that now I can fully appreciate the creativeness that can occur as the balance is nearing.  It's like a doodle gone rogue and ultimately, the picture ends up just the way it's meant to be! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment