5.25.2012

lots of life

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted. Lots of life going on.

Every summer's arrival brings a new adventure and this year is no different. 
Hugely important is the next generation's arrival due in August.  My daughter and son-in-law, Carly and Michael, are ready for their growing family and we are all very excited about that. 

Being a working-out-of-the-house woman has been added to my life.  This is a change only in that I *have to* be at CrossFit Beacon often, but I would want to be anyway. :] Coaching people coming through our doors who have the desire to become more fit and are excited about challenging themselves is energizing.  We recently had our Grand Opening and to see so much support not only from our own members but from the CrossFit community at large meant much to all of us at Beacon.  The wonderful thing about having different boxes in the Portland area and throughout Maine is that there is a CF box for everyone, and the most important thing we, at Beacon, see is that this allows for anyone to have the opportunity to experience CrossFit, which is the bottom line!

This weekend I am heading down to Canton, MA, to watch some terrific athletes from Maine compete in the CF Regionals. Aside from a select few Mainers who qualified as individuals, my 'other' box, CrossFit 321, has a team at Regionals.  I can't wait to see them on *the field of dreams* at Reebok CrossFit One, where the Regionals are being held.

Adding to this year's big life events are the CF Games in July, for which I qualified and am focusing on re: my training. On this note, I say "Poor Laurence"!  I am not very successful *try* to keep the chatter about it to a minimum with him.  He's always supportive, but it's not foremost on his mind. :)  I owe it to me, but also to him and all who emotionally support me through this adventure to keep training smartly and hard so that I can offer up my best efforts at the Games. 

Even though my life is pretty consumed by CrossFit at the moment, summer is always wonderful time to play more freely (no winter coats and boots weighing you down) and enjoy the remainder of what the year has to offer. 

How is the better weather and summertime filling up your life? 

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate your comment about considering Laurence's feelings . . . that your goals with CrossFit are not necessarily his. I often feel slighted that my hubby does not act as the cheerleader I think he should. But this cannot deter my efforts in reaching my goal. I am so fortunate and blessed to have found this community at Beacon, and I agree wholeheartedly that an additional box in the Portland area is relevant. Make CrossFit accessible to everyone! All shapes, sizes and abilities. Just bring your HEART everyone. Love you Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pickle, it's hard when something resonates so deeply with us that our significant other doesn't want to share it. That said, if it makes us better "us"es, then it's great for the relationship! Win-win! :)

    ReplyDelete