7.06.2012

confidence

A week from today I'll be heading to the athlete on-deck area to warm up for my first WOD of the CrossFit Games.  I honestly can't imagine how I'll be feeling.  I'm trying not to, either!  All I know for sure is that, outside my family, this huge gift that came in a big box wrapped in wrist wraps, catchy logo'd tee shirts, neon knee socks, and rolls and rolls of sports tape is the most incredible gift I have ever been lucky enough to open. 

On a daily basis, I am reminded CrossFit is really more, so much more than just a strength and conditioning program.  It builds confidence. I see it in the faces of fellow CrossFitters all around me.
Confidence to be a healthier person inside and out.
Confidence to try new things.
Confidence to be okay with the whole concept of failing.
Confidence with feeling great about succeeding.
Confidence in owning your own destiny.
Confidence in knowing even when things get hard, keep going.
Confidence in realizing that life is about being adaptable.
Confidence in your own abilities no matter what age you are.
Confidence in being the best person you can be.

As to the Games, I'm confident I have now broken in my shoes enough.  I'm confident I'm now used to wearing the form-fitting clothes I'll have to wear.  I'm confident I won't miss my heat because I'm chatting too much.  I'm confident the airline won't lose my luggage...really!... :)

Oh, and I'm also confident I'll give every WOD my all.  I'm confident I'll meet some amazing people.  I'm confident I'm going to have an unforgettable experience!

On the flip-side of the Games, I'm confident that I won't forget one moment of them, but that I'll also continue to move on to the next days, the next weeks, the next months of what comes my way. Through it all, I'll keep donning my CrossFit-inspired confidence!







3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to watch you participate in the Games! You're absolutely an inspiration to me. I know that once the timer starts, all of your nerves evaporate and you just go for it - I've seen it up close and it's amazing to watch. Just go there and be yourself. You have all of the confidence you need...and a whole lot of people pulling for you in Maine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelagh, THANK YOU!! Your words definitely help!! It'll be an adventure, that's for sure. I'll just think of our FGB day last year and feel Maine all around me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the energy of the Beacon community is behind you! You have invested so much in the community and you'll have all of that and more coming back to you at the Games!!!

    ReplyDelete